Thursday, March 15, 2007

the doorstep




I sit in the corner of my room, the dilapidated little transistor plays its own favourite tracks and I let it play. It withers in its own periphery with the jarring speakers which speak out their own language and I let it. I sit there waiting and watching. Hoping it would probably play its own tune someday and talk out loud. But it doesn’t. the transistor plays its own songs living in its formulated, designed world and I let it be. I try to understand. I understand the notes it insists on playing but feel being distant. The transistor loves its own land and does not like intrusion. So I continue to sit in side of the corner, listening.


Few moments later… Flashlights from the rear view of my car, blaze by me. I’m astonished by the vision. It is disturbing yet intriguing, and somewhat makes me happy and sad at the same. The memories flash by, warning my presence. I try to retrieve, yet they flash. I’ve been transcended yet made to understand clearly. I decide to move away and enjoy my solace in the right hand side corner of my room, the transistor continues to play and I let moments pass by. Presuming this is my next doorstep.


* Notes from an unsolicited thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment